30 Minute Creamy White Wine Chicken
This is the time of year that people want a speedy and comforting dinner on the table after a long day and this 30 minute creamy white wine chicken does just that! Chicken filets are crusted with herbs and seasonings, pan seared until golden and cooked through, and a delicious pan sauce is made with the brown bits left over in the pan. Talk about FLAVOR! This dish makes for a great weeknight meal on the days where you just want to put something quick on the table.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from one of my first recipes – this creamy tomato and white wine chicken. Since the time I posted it (and when I first started making it around 2014), I’ve changed a few things so I wanted to update the recipe and give the pictures of a bit of a facelift!
I’m all for those recipes that look super impressive and like they’ve cooked down for hours to build up flavor, when in reality they took 30-40 minutes. What could be better? The super convenient part of this meal is that I boil the water while the chicken is cooking, then while the rest of the dish comes together I just boil the pasta!
And of course, if you’re not a fan of mushrooms you can always switch for another veggie of your choice or just keep it chicken! You could also add it into sandwiches or eat it with some crusty bread – that sauce for dunking is *chef’s kiss*.
Love this 30 minute creamy white wine chicken? Try these other weeknight meals:
Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Blackened Salmon with Walnut Date Gremolata
Creamy Tomato Skillet Chicken and Spinach
Mediterranean Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
When you make this 30 minute creamy white wine chicken, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
30 Minute Creamy White Wine Chicken
- 3 Tablespoons neutral oil I use avocado oil
- 3 chicken breasts filleted
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose poultry I love the Kirkland organic no salt seasoning
- 1-2 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional for a spicy kick
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 to matoes diced
- ½ cup dry white wine I used Chardonnay
- 1/3 cup heavy cream room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb pasta of choice for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and fresh basil leaves for serving
- Season your chicken with the poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning, paprika, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Then, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with the oil on medium high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until golden on each side and fully cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside – continue with the remaining chicken.
- Once all the chicken is cooked through, add in the onions and a touch more oil if needed and cook down for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook down for 30 seconds or until fragrant then add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to let the mushrooms release some of their water. While the mushrooms cook down, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water, cook till al dente, and reserve some of the pasta water.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and pour in the white wine. Gently lift the brown bits from the bottom of the pan – this adds tons of flavor to the pan sauce we will be making. Let this reduce for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mix well. If the sauce has reduced down too much, add some of the reserved pasta water until you get the consistency you like. Add the chicken back in, turn off the heat and serve with pasta, some fresh grated parm and torn basil leaves. Enjoy!