Black Bean and Mushroom Breakfast Tacos
Black bean and mushroom breakfast tacos are about to be your new favorite morning meal! Being from Southern California, I am very partial to my tacos. Fish tacos tend to be my absolute favorite. But sometimes I just need a good taco in the morning as well.
It’s not so different from a typical breakfast, really. You have your eggs – I usually like mine scrambled for these, but you could also do a fried over-easy egg as well – a charred tortilla, protein, and a veggie. I love how easy these are to make, and once you add toppings, they become even more bright and fresh! To make these vegan, just eliminate the eggs and use extra filling and toppings! Serve these with some tortilla chips and extra salsa on the side!
Love these black bean and mushroom breakfast tacos? Try these too!
Carne Asada Tacos
Pollo Asado Tacos
Baja Fish Tacos
As always, if you make these black bean and mushroom breakfast tacos, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Black Bean & Mushroom Breakfast Tacos
For the black beans & mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil I like avocado oil
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced1 – 14oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ – ¾ cup tomato sauce or 1 Tbsp tomato paste mixed with ½ – ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Assembling the tacos
- Eggs Cooked however you like – I usually do scrambled
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Cotija Cheese
- Sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Salsa of choice/Pico De Gallo
- Pickled carrots & jalapneos optional but highly recommended
- In a medium nonstick skillet, add the oil and heat to medium high. Add in the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Add in the black beans, tomato sauce and spices and cook down until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Cook the eggs to your liking and char up some tortillas. Prepare all the fixing and assemble the tacos as you like! I usually start with scrambled eggs at the bottom, then a scoop of the black bean & mushroom mixture on top. There may be leftover filling, those can be used for more tacos, burritos, over salads or even eaten with rice. If you plan to make more breakfast tacos the following morning, I suggest making the eggs fresh each time you plan on serving these!