This black bean, corn and jicama salsa recipe is super simple to make and can feed a crowd! Salsas and salads with black beans and corn are so popular, but the addition of jicama here is the perfect freshness and crunch. The dressing is simple – only 3 ingredients and can be adjusted based on your taste. Enjoy this black bean salsa at room temp or cold, straight out of the fridge. As it sits, the flavors develop even more and get even better! I also love making a warm version of this black bean salsa – leave a comment below if you’d like to see that too!
Can’t find jicama near you? Just omit it, you’ll still have a delicious black bean and corn salsa! Can’t eat corn? Leave it out and sub for mangos if you’d like some sweetness! Also check out the mango salsa that I love making with my pollo asada tacos for another simple salad.
Recipes that go great with this salsa
When you make this, leave a comment below letting me know your thoughts and tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie , I love seeing your remakes!
Black Bean, Corn & Jicama Salsa
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 ears corn cooked and kernels removed OR 1 ½ cup thawed frozen corn,
- 1 vine ripe tomato diced
- 6 oz jicama diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ bunch cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ red onion very finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeno veins and seeds removed & very finely diced OR ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
For the dressing:
- Juice from 1 lime about ¼ cup
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½-1 avocado to top the salsa
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together and add to the bowl with the salad ingredients. Mix well, give it a taste, serve and enjoy!