Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Fall salad with figs gorgonzola and pecans is such a simple and delicious side dish to make throughout the holiday season.
It’s colorful, slightly sweet and filled with texture and flavor. The best part is that there really isn’t much prep involved besides washing your greens!
Making this fall salad with figs gorgonzola and pecans
The entire salad takes just minutes to put together.
Greens and Radicchio: I love using a box of “super greens” which tends to have a mixture of spinach and baby kale. I like this because these greens are bit sturdier and tend to hold up longer than a spring green mix. The radicchio adds beautiful color, a nice bite and a touch of bitterness that I find works well with the rest of the ingredients here.
Figs and pecans: Use any figs you’re able to find and that you love to eat! The pecans can be either roasted or candied. Both are delicious here.
Gorgonzola: Major tip – try and buy a block of gorgonzola. You can find it at most grocery stores. Trader joes also has a nice one. If you can only find the pre crumbled ones, you can use that as well but they tend to be more on the dry side. If you don’t like gorgonzola, you can sub for goat cheese or freshly grated parmesan
The dressing: Fig jam and maple syrup give this salad such a nice subtle flavor and sweetness. Apple cider vinegar and the extra virgin olive oil brings it right where it needs to be along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
More salads to love
When you make this fall salad with figs gorgonzola and pecans, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Fall Salad with Figs Gorgonzola and Pecans
For the salad:
- Mixed greens of choice I love using “super greens” and arugula
- Radicchio leaves torn
- Pecans roasted or candied both work great
- Figs any figs of choice, halved and quartered pieces
- Gorgonzola cheese preferably from a block
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fig jam
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, add in your mixed greens. Tear in the radicchio leaves and place them around the edge of the bowl underneath the greens. Sprinkle on the pecans, crumble in the gorgonzola and add the cut up figs.
- For the dressing, combine the apple cider vinegar, fig jam and maple syrup and mix until well combined. Add your salt and pepper, drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk and set aside. When ready to serve, drizzle the on the dressing or keep on the side. Enjoy!