Greek rice pilaf
Whenever I go to a Greek restaurant, this beautiful, fluffy, and flavorful Greek rice pilaf is served with my meal. I was planning a Greek inspired dinner one night and knew I wanted to make something like what I’ve had at those restaurants. This is what I came up with and it HIT the spot! This rice is perfect with any grilled or seared protein and simple salads.How to make Greek
What to eat with this Greek rice pilaf
I love making this rice with my Greek chicken, Mediterranean shrimp, Horiatiki salad and even my chicken kebabs! When you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie so I can see and share your recreations!
Greek Inspired Rice Pilaf
Fluffy, flavorful, delicious rice that pairs perfectly with your protein of choice!
- 2 cups jasmine rice rinsed thoroughly
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ medium yellow onion diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic very finely minced
- 3 cups chicken stock or water mixed with Vegeta seasoning for vegetarian option
- 1 small lemon or ½ medium lemon zest and juice
- ½ teaspoon turmeric optional, but lends a beautiful yellow color
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley to top
- Add the butter to a medium pot on medium high heat. Once its melted, add the chopped onions and garlic along with salt and pepper and cook down until fragrant and translucent. Add in all the rinsed rice and toast for 2 minutes before adding in the stock, lemon juice and zest and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Let cook for 15-20 minutes or until fluffy and fully cooked through. Top with parsley and enjoy!