Last Updated on November 4, 2022 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Stuffed mushrooms are such a popular side dish or appetizer, and these lemon ricotta and herb stuffed mushrooms are no different! They’re packed with creamy and herby flavor, a burst of freshness from some lemon zest and juice, and they’re vegetarian! They’re simple to make and require minimal ingredients.
To make these lemon ricotta and herb stuffed mushrooms, here’s what you’ll need:
Cremini, white button or portobelo mushrooms – I prefer cremini mushrooms here but any of the above work
Ricotta cheese – Whole milk ricotta works best here
Parsley and basil – Fresh herbs work best here but if you don’t have them, dried will also work
Lemon zest and juice – For a burst of freshness
Garlic – Of course. Preferably a grated garlic clove
Parmiggiano Reggiano – I love using the real stuff here and grating it fresh. It melts better and just has an overall better flavor in my opinion
Seasonings and olive oil – The usual suspects
Try more side dishes like this:
As always, if you make these lemon ricotta and herb stuffed mushrooms, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Lemon Ricotta and Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms stems removed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic grated or finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 F and place the mushrooms in a baking dish cut side up.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, lemon zest, basil, parsley, grated garlic, Parmigiano Reggiano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Taste the mixture to check for seasoning and fill each mushroom with the ricotta mixture.
- Top each mushroom with the bread crumbs and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and the bread crumbs are slightly golden on top. Sprinkle with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and some fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!