Last Updated on September 7, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
I love this loaded breakfast scramble plate so much. Even though I’m not the biggest breakfast person – when I actually eat breakfast, you’ll usually find me eating leftovers from the night before – I still enjoy a good breakfast meal from time to time. Savory breakfasts are a favorite around here and this recipe has it all! From veggie packed scrambled eggs, crispy potatoes, a fresh and simple salad, you are SURE to be satisfied!
I created this recipe in collaboration with OrgaNick Pastures eggs and couldn’t be happier with how this recipe turned out!
Making this loaded breakfast scramble plate
Add your avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add your mini potatoes that have been washed and chopped. Add your seasonings like kosher salt, black pepper, onion salt (or garlic salt or garlic powder), and paprika. Give them a toss and let them sit untouched for a couple minutes. Flip them around and leave them untouched again till they begin developing a golden brown crust.
In total, this should take about 10 minutes or so. Leaving them without tossing them is the best way to get them to cook through AND get crispy. These breakfast potatoes are so easy and taste like perfection! Once they’re done, remove from the skillet and onto a plate.
While the potatoes cook, that’s when I work on chopping the salad. Since the potatoes require the most time, it gives me enough time to chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, shallots and parsley and mix it all together with salt and pepper. Set that aside.
Then, work on your sausage. You can use kielbasa, a breakfast sausage. Any sausage links that you enjoy or have on hand, really. I tend to prefer chicken sausage or even some good quality hot dogs! If you prefer to make some crispy bacon instead, you can cook that here instead. I love a good turkey bacon and sometimes will replace the sausage with that! Remove to a plate.
Now, start on the breakfast skillet scramble. Reduce to medium heat. Add your sliced mushrooms to the hot skillet with a tablespoon butter. While that sits for a minute, work on the eggs. Crack 4 large eggs into a medium bowl. Add salt, pepper and heavy cream and mix that together. To the skillet, add the chopped spinach and sundried tomatoes and let that wilt down a bit and the liquid evaporate, then add the egg mixture into the skillet as well. Mix it together gently with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold the eggs and scramble them. Once they’re cooked to your liking, remove from heat.
Add some of the scramble, potatoes, sausage and salad around your plate. Add half an avocado to the center of the plate and sprinkle the eggs with some goat cheese. At the end, I drizzle some hot sauce on top for a little kick. The combination of flavors is everything! I always try and get a bite of each thing on the plate with each bite so I get the full range of flavors haha. You could of course also make breakfast burritos with everything instead of putting it all on a plate.
This is a great way to have a complete and quick breakfast ready in about 30 minutes. That may be more than some are willing to spend on breakfast, which I totally understand. Busy mornings are very common. But on days that you may have a slower morning, wake up earlier or just have a bit more time, you will truly enjoy this recipe! With just a little bit more effort and main ingredients, you can have this filling breakfast waiting for you on the table.
I plan to start sharing more healthy breakfast ideas like this to just give you a little inspo! Make this into one of your favorite weekend breakfast recipes! And if you want a speedy version, you could also just make the egg mixture and add it to a muffin pan. This way, you have them on hand for the next day or two.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Heat it up on a non-stick skillet to bring out the texture and the savory flavor. Its such a heart breakfast with seriously the best flavors that I just can’t get enough of! I hope you love this loaded breakfast scramble plate as much as I do!
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
When you make this loaded breakfast scramble plate, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also, share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Loaded Breakfast Scramble Plate
Crispy homestyle potatoes:
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil for cooking
- 10-12 mini potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion salt or garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sausage of choice, sliced and cooked in avocado oil till crisp
For the scramble:
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 4 oz baby spinach washed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sundried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 4 OrgaNick Pastures eggs
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons goat cheese
- ½ avocado sliced
For the salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
- 1 shallot diced very fine
- Handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes. Heat the avocado oil to medium high, then add the cut potatoes to the skillet. Add the paprika, onion salt, salt and pepper. Give it a toss, then let it sit undisturbed for 2 minutes. Toss and repeat this step every couple minutes until the potatoes are golden, crispy and fork tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add the sausage to a skillet using the remaining avocado oil. Cook it up until crispy. Remove from skillet.
- Add the mushrooms in with the butter. While these cook, work on the egg mixture. Crack the 4 eggs into a bowl, add the salt, pepper and heavy cream. Whisk it up, set it aside.
- Bring the heat to medium low. Add the spinach into the skillet with the mushrooms, let it wilt a bit then add the sundried tomatoes. Let most of the water evaporate, then add in the eggs. Use a spatula to gently stir and scramble the eggs until set.
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Plate everything up how you like, sprinkle the goat cheese on top of the scrambled eggs, add the avocado to the center of the plate and enjoy!