Mango Spinach and Ginger smoothie
This mango spinach and ginger smoothie is my go-to daily smoothie. I love knowing that I’m getting a huge handful of greens in right in the beginning of the day and fueling myself with fresh, healthy ingredients. I make sure to drink this with some water in the morning and then have coffee afterwards as my treat!
I love using water for this smoothie because its lighter and I enjoy it more that way but feel free to switch things up! Sometimes, I like to add ½ a banana and a couple dates instead of a whole banana. Sometimes I’ll add flax or chia seeds too – If I add chia seeds, I add them to my own serving in the cup after its blended, otherwise I find that the seeds can stick to the blades.
Although I think this combo is perfect, you can always adjust the fruits to what is in season- In the summer, peach would also be great. Apricots would be delicious in the spring, persimmons or guava in the fall and oranges in the winter. Ginger adds a flavorful, peppery bite that I love and the spinach basically takes on whatever flavors you decide to add to it which is why this combo works so well!
Love drinks like this mango spinach and ginger smoothie? Try these:
Fresh fruit and herb margaritas
As always, if you make this mango spinach and ginger smoothie, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Mango, Spinach and Ginger Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup frozen mango
- 3 stalks celery
- ½ – 1 whole Persian cucumber optional – add less water if using a cucumber
- ½ inch knob of ginger peeled
- ½ lemon peeled
- 2 cups spinach tightly packed
- ¾ – 1 cup water or other dairy/non dairy milk of choice – add more or less to get desired consistency
- Add all ingredients to the blender starting with the frozen fruit first, then the celery, cucumber, ginger and lemon. Finish off with the spinach and water and blend it up until smooth. Enjoy!Note:
- A high powered blender is recommended here for the smoothest consistency. I love to use a Nutribullet or a Vitamix for the best results.