Last Updated on March 12, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Are you ready for your new favorite weekday dish? This Mediterranean shrimp comes together SO quickly with minimal time and ingredients. Who doesn’t love that for weekdays?! I love shrimp for that reason – even if you forget to take it out of the freezer an hour before you want dinner ready, just run it under some water and it’ll thaw so quickly!
What to make with this Mediterranean Shrimp
I love to make this with my Greek inspired rice pilaf, tzatziki and a Greek salad, but this would also be SO delicious with some crusty bread. If you prefer to do this with chicken, steak or fish, that would also be delicious! When you make this, be sure to tag or message me a picture on Instagram @thebitewithjackie so I can share your recreations!
Mediterranean Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 ½ lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ medium yellow onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 to matoes diced (I like using vine ripe tomatoes for this dish best)
- 6 oz good quality feta in brine crumbled
- 10-12 kalamata olives with or without pit
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the shrimp dry, then toss with salt, pepper, and the dried oregano. Heat a skillet with olive oil on medium high heat and cook the shrimp – do this in batches if needed – until pink with a slight crust and fully cooked through.
- Toss in the onions and garlic with some salt, cook down until fragrant and translucent. Add in the tomatoes, cook down until saucy – about 5 minutes. Taste for salt, pepper and oregano and add more if needed. Add the shrimp back in with all its juices and coat in the sauce. Sprinkle in half of the feta in crumbles along with the fresh dill and oregano and toss. Serve in the skillet or another dish, top with the remaining crumbled feta, kalamata olives, dill, and oregano. Eat this with some crusty bread, rice or grilled veggies!