Last Updated on March 12, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Get ready for summer with this lemony, herbaceous, Middle Eastern potato salad! No mayo needed here! A simple lemon vinaigrette is all you need to make these ingredients shine! This version of potato salad is vegan friendly and much lighter than the traditional take which is mayo based. It also goes well with just about any protein you can think of!
To make this Middle Eastern potato salad, you only need a handful of ingredients
Potatoes – I love using russet potatoes here
Fresh herbs – My favorites for this are parsley and dill, but cilantro or mint would also taste great!
Red and green onion – For color and flavor!
A simple dressing – Made with only lemon juice and zest, a few garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper
Because this potato salad has no mayo, you can prepare it for a bbq or potluck and leave it out while you’re waiting for the rest of your food to finish on the grill. This recipe will be a go-to all summer long!
Try some other side dishes perfect for Summer!
When you make this Middle Eastern potato salad, be sure to leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts and send me a picture on Instagram @thebitewithjackie so I can share! I love seeing your remakes
Middle Eastern Potato Salad
- 2 lbs russet potatoes about 6 small to medium size, peeled
- 1 cup red onion very finely diced (about ½ red onion)
- 1 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely diced (optional for a spicy kick)
For the dressing:
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon Zest and juice
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by prepping your potatoes. Add the peeled potatoes to a large enough pot – if they’re large, cut them in half to reduce cooking time. Cover completely with water, add a generous pinch of salt and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain well and when they’re cool enough to handle, cut them into desired size pieces.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare and chop the rest of the ingredients and mix together the dressing. Once the potatoes are cut up and still warm, add them to a large bowl, top with remaining ingredients and drizzle the dressing right over. Its important that the potatoes are still warm here so it can soak up the dressing!
- This can be eaten right away, at room temp or straight out of the fridge. Enjoy!