Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Your newest favorite weeknight meal! Roasted lemon garlic salmon with herby vinaigrette is simple, beautiful, and delicious. Vibrant colors will automatically gravitate you to this luscious recipe, but just wait until you taste the flavors!
What you need to make this roasted lemon garlic salmon with herby vinaigrette
Salmon – My favorite to use for this recipe is wild Atlantic salmon, but use whatever you and your family love!
Shallots, garlic- These add great flavor to the marinade and the dressing, make sure to chop these finely!
Olive oil – To keep things light and flavorful
Herbs and spices – Which add beautiful color and flavor in every bite
Salmon is one of my favorite proteins to use for a quick weeknight meal because it’s easy to prepare and cooks in a snap! This roasted lemon garlic salmon with herby vinaigrette is perfect for a speedy weeknight meal, especially great for back-to-school time!
Great side dishes to prepare with this salmon recipe
When you make this roasted lemon garlic salmon with herby vinaigrette, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Roasted Lemon Garlic Salmon with Herby Vinaigrette
For the salmon:
- 2 lbs salmon
- 1 shallot chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon about ½ cup juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices of lemon cut into rounds optional – for garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic grated
- Zest and juice from ½ lemon
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-8 oz Arugula
- ½ Red onion cut into thin slices
- 1 Tomato diced
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped shallot and garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, paprika, Italian seasoning and pepper. I like to hold off on the salt here, I tend to always prefer seasoning the protein itself to ensure it’s not being under or over salted.
- Place your salmon filet on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt. Pour the marinade on top making sure every part of the salmon is covered. Keep the bowl and don’t wash it yet! – we’ll be making the herby dressing in here! Roast the salmon at 400 F for 15-20 minutes or until an internal temperature of about 150F is reached.
- While the salmon cooks, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients – taste for seasoning. *Note – it's important to grate in the garlic for the herby dressing because this garlic won't be cooked before serving. Grating it allows it to melt without the flavor being too harsh.
- Remove the salmon from the oven, let cool 5 minutes, then surround the salmon on the tray with arugula, sliced red onion and diced tomatoes. Drizzle the dressing on top of the veggies and the salmon before serving. Enjoy!