Last Updated on July 9, 2022 by Jacqueline Rafidi
This shrimp and mascarpone pasta with arugula is so simple and incredible. I try to add greens just about everywhere but I think the arugula in this dish really adds something special. I love the natural peppery flavor from arugula, and the way it wilts down in this pasta is very similar to spinach. It adds just enough bite that gives this pasta a little somethin somethin.
What to eat with this shrimp and mascarpone pasta
Summer dishes like these are delicious with fresh summer produce and a table full of color. I’d suggest making a bunch of bruschetta , serving this with some blistered green beans , and maybe a nice no-bake dessert like my nescafe cake or my berry cheesecake icebox cake! The whole meal is such a winner!
As always, when you make this shrimp and mascarpone pasta with arugula, leave a comment below and give this recipe a rating to let me know your thoughts! I can’t wait for you to give it a try! And as usual, be sure to tag me or share a picture over on Instagram @thebitewithjackie , I love seeing photos of your remakes!
Try these other amazing seafood dishes!
Shrimp and Mascarpone Pasta with Arugula
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine or sub for ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 6 – 8 oz arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh basil
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- Fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano for topping
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place a large skillet with the olive oil on medium high heat. Add in the shallots, garlic, some salt and pepper and cook own until softened. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and toss them in the pan in one even layer. Cook on both sides for about 2 minutes or until fully opaque, remove the shrimp from the skillet to a plate and set aside.
- If your water is boiling, add in the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Add in your chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook down until the sauce slightly thickens, 4-5 minutes. Add in the wine and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add in the stock and cook down 3-4 minutes until some of the liquid has evaporated. Bring the heat to low, add in the mascarpone cheese and the shrimp and any juices on the plate and turn off the heat. Add in the arugula and tear in the basil directly on top and let the residual heat slowly wilt the herbs. Add the cooked pasta right into the skillet and mix well to combine. Serve and enjoy!