Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
A delicious Greek dish that my family and I devour so quickly.
- 1 ready made pie crust or homemade crust of your choice
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 of a leek cleaned and diced
- 1 9 oz package frozen spinach defrosted and water drained
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium skillet, on medium heat, add your butter. Once the butter is melted, add the diced leeks and let cook for a couple minutes until slightly cooked down, adding olive oil if pan becomes too dry.
- Add in the spinach, breaking apart if still clumpy, and mix with the leeks. Once the spinach is broken apart, add the garlic, dill and green onions. Let cook until fragrant. Turn of heat and set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in your eggs and whisk, reserving 2 tablespoons of egg wash for the top of the pie crust. Add in the milk and mix well to combine.
- While the greens mixture is still cooling on the stove, add your pie crust to your pie dish. Once the green mixture has cooled a bit, add it into your eggs and milk. Add in the ricotta and shredded cheeses next, mixing well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and put the whole mixture into your pie dish on top of the pie crust.
- Fold the tops of the pie crust over the egg mixture so that they overlap in small portions. Brush the tops of the pie crust with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then enjoy!