Last Updated on May 16, 2023 by Team HH
If you’re looking for the perfect drink to make for Cinco de Mayo, let this spicy orange mango margarita be the one!
I love a good spicy margarita. Especially one made with fresh fruit. Some of my favorites are mango, pineapple, watermelon or strawberry but honestly I haven’t met a margarita I didn’t like!
Actually, that’s not entirely true. I’m really not a fan of the premade mixes. They tend to be so sweet and I’m just not into that. In fact, I usually likes my drinks way less sweet. My favorite way to sweeten drinks is with fresh fruit, although sometimes I do find that it may need a bit more sweetener in which case I’ll add simple syrup, honey, or maple syrup. In this case I’d use honey or simple syrup since maple syrup has a smokier flavor.
Spicy Orange Mango Margarita
To start, just muddle together the diced mango with the serrano or jalapenos, orange and lime juice. until the mango and pepper have released their juices. Add in the sweetener, liquor or liquid of choice and shake it up with some ice.
Rim your glass with a lime wedge and dunk it in some tajin (you can also use a mix of chili powder and salt), add ice and pour the drink right in! It’s so refreshing and delicious with the fresh mango that I love adding a few more chunks of diced mango into the final drink along with a slice of lime and serrano. It’s simple, delicious and beautiful!
Want to try more drinks?
These drinks are also super popular on my blog, and I hope that you check them out and try them. I know they’ll become summer staples in your home.
When you make this spicy orange mango margarita, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also, share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Spicy Orange Mango Margarita
- 1/3 cup diced mango
- 2-3 slices jalapeno or serrano for spicier (optional)
- Juice from ½ Orange – about 1/3 cup Naval or Cara Cara work best
- Juice from ½ lime
- ½-1 teaspoon simple syrup or honey (can omit for a less sweet drink)
- 2 oz Silver tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- Tajin for the rim can sub for a combo of salt + chili powder
- 2 slices serrano for garnish
- 2 thin slices of lime for lining the glass and for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons diced mango
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the diced mango, jalapenos or serranos, lime juice and orange juice until the juices have released. Add in the simple syrup tequila, orange liqueur and ice. Shake well.
- Pour some tajin onto a plate. Prepare a glass by rubbing a lime slice on the rim and dip it into the tajin. Add ice to the cup and pour in the drink. Enjoy!
1/3 cup diced Mango
2-3 slices jalapeno or serrano for spicier (optional)
Juice from ½ Orange – about 1/3 cup (Naval or Cara Cara work best)
Juice from ½ lime
3 oz seltzer water, mango or pineapple juice or ginger beer
In a cocktail shaker, muddle together the diced mango, jalapenos or serranos, lime juice and orange juice until the juices have released. Add in the liquid of choice and shake well.
Pour some tajin onto a plate. Prepare a glass by rubbing a lime slice on the rim and dip it into the tajin. Add ice to the cup and pour in the drink. Enjoy!