Last Updated on October 5, 2022 by Jacqueline Rafidi
This vanilla bean French toast is a GAME CHANGER. You’ll seriously never make French toast another way again.
This is the absolute BEST, easy French toast recipe! The brioche bread and vanilla bean paste are the true stars here. Brioche bread is such a rich bread, perfect for this breakfast staple, and the vanilla bean paste is just the better vanilla option here. It gives more true vanilla flavor AND you get the little flecks all throughout your custard which just make everything so appetizing.
What to eat with this Vanilla Bean French Toast
This is one of the few times that I’ll eat a sweet breakfast. To offset that sweetness, I love a simple, fresh whipped cream and some fresh berries to add some creaminess and tartness to the dish. For a salty touch, you could also serve this with eggs and bacon!
If you’ve ever tried chicken and waffles, you know that not many things beat that salty sweet combo. Especially when you mix the maple syrup with the hot sauce. OOF! All I’m saying is if you happen to have some chicken strips or tenders on hand, it would not be a bad idea to eat these two together.
Check out some of my other delicious breakfast recipes!
When you make this vanilla bean french toast, be sure to leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts and send me a picture on Instagram @thebitewithjackie so I can share! I love seeing your remakes
Vanilla Bean French Toast
- 1 loaf brioche bread cut into slices ¾ inch thick – best 1-2 days old
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste vanilla extract also works but the paste is better here
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Small pinch of salt
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- Fresh whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Warm maple syrup
- In a shallow baking dish make the custard by combining the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet with some unsalted butter at medium heat – not too high! The custard needs to cook through without burning the outside! Dunk each slice of brioche into the custard and flip to saturate both sides. Place it gently on your heated and buttered skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through on each side. Continue in batches being sure not to overcrowd the pan. Mix the custard up well in between dunking each slice, the vanilla bean paste and cinnamon tend to settle. Continue cooking up the rest of the French toast.
- To serve, top with some fresh whipped cream, berries of choice and a generous drizzle of some warm maple syrup! You’re in for a treat! Enjoy!