Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Can we just take a moment to admire this beauty that is Banana-Chocolate pancakes?? Once you see how easy and guilt-free they are, you’ll be making them daily! I seem to always buy bananas in bulk, just because they’re the perfect snack to grab on your way out the door! However, as they start to acquire brown spots on the outside and maybe become less appealing as a snack, they become even more PERFECT to bake with! Their natural sweetness makes it so much easier to use less added sugar in your baking recipes- or in this case, no added sugar at all! Not to mention the delicious scent of pancakes wafting through the house.
My husband and I have devoured an embarrassing amount of these babies without regret! Eat them warm with some fresh berries on top and drizzle with maple syrup, and it’ll feel like a Sunday morning brunch even on a Wednesday afternoon!
Baked and Flourless Banana-Almond Butter Pancakes
- Baking trays
- Parchment paper
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter or another nut butter of choice
- 2 eggs* See Notes for eggless option
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Almond butter
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel all 3 bananas and mash in a mixing bowl until small chunk and semi-thick paste forms
- Add the almond butter and eggs and mix until well combined.
- Then, add cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined
- Add parchment paper to 2 baking trays, and ladle on 1/2 cup of pancake batter per pancake
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool. Plate the pancakes and sprinke with suggested topping options or toppings of your choice. Enjoy!