Last Updated on March 12, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Pico De Gallo, one of the first things I gravitate to whenever I get tacos – or any Mexican food for that matter. There is nothing better than this fresh, delicious and aesthetic salsa. It gives a bite of tang and brightness to each bite that nothing else can offer! Because its so easy to make, I end up making it at home ALL the time – probably because we always have tortilla chips on hand too. This salsa is perfect for just about ANYTHING! From putting on top of meat, poultry, fish, grilled vegetables, rice and beans, even a quesadilla! I guarantee, this will become a staple in your fridge, too!
Love pico de gallo? Try these recipes to pair with it!
Black bean and mushroom breakfast tacos
Pollo asada tacos
Mexican breakfast skillet
Baja style fish tacos
Pico De Gallo
- 7-8 Tomatoes diced (optional: dice half of the tomatoes)
- 1/2 Red Onion finely diced
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Jalapeno Optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to medium sized bowl. Stir to combine
- For optimal flavor payoff, set in fridge for 10-30 minutes before serving