Last Updated on June 29, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
While working on a separate brownie recipe, I realized I never posted a recipe for traditional fudgy brownies! You know, the kind with the glossy, crinkled top that we all love! I do have thin mint brownies and tahini brownies, so I figured this is the perfect time to share my best ever, ULTIMATE fudgy brownies recipe. This is the perfect thing to make with kids, so if you have toddlers or older kids at home, get them involved! The reward is so much sweeter. If you make these and love them as much as we do, be sure to send me a picture or tag me on Instagram or Facebook @thebitewithjackie !
THE ULTIMATE Fudgy Brownies
- 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional but recommended
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate and set aside to cool slightly. Whisk together both sugars and the two eggs until very well combined and glossy. Add in the vanilla and whisk again. Pour the chocolate and butter mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk to combine. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and espresso, then add in the salt. Mix together the dry ingredients before adding them directly into the wet mixture. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients together my folding the batter onto itself.
- Transfer the brownie batter into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, bake for 35-40 minutes or just until the center is set and no longer wobbly. Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing them into desired pieces and sprinkling them with sea salt on top. Enjoy and sahtein!