Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Kale Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
A very healthy and delicious salad to go with any meal.
- -1 bunch kale finely shredded
- -1 blood orange cut into bite sized pieces
- – 1-2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- -handful of sliced almonds
- -1 blood orange juiced about ¼ cup
- -2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- – ½ lemon juiced about 2 tablespoons
- -2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- -1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- -salt and pepper to taste
- -Add kale, chopped blood oranges and crumbled goat cheese to a medium salad bowl.
- -Make the dressing: Mix the juice of one blood orange with the ½ lemon, Dijon mustard, honey or agave, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well until there are no clumps of Dijon mustard and you have a smooth dressing. Set aside.
- -Add the salad dressing to the salad and mix well to combine. Enjoy now, or for best results, let sit for 10-15 minutes. When ready to serve, add the sliced almonds!