Last Updated on October 17, 2022 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Spicy, sticky and sweet harissa honey butter wings are the perfect addition to your game day table!
When you make these harissa honey butter wings, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Harissa Honey Butter Wings!
For the wings
- 2 ½ lbs chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- ¼ cup harissa sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel. Combine all the spices, brown sugar and baking powder together to create a rub for the wings. Add the entire mixture to the wings. And toss very well to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top – the wings will sit on the rack while they’re baking to achieve a crispy exterior. Place each wing on the rack leaving room between each one. Bake for 45-60 minutes and flip the wings every 15-20 minutes until cooked! (Flipping the wings is a very important step!)
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the wings are fully cooked through, let them cool on the rack for 5 minutes. Place them all in a bowl and toss them in the sauce mixture. Enjoy!