Last Updated on July 2, 2022 by Team HHJump to Recipe
This is one of the most delicious and impressive chicken dishes you can make! You’ll be surprised how SUPER easy it is to put together! I created this dish when I was in school at San Jose State University, we just happened to have a fridge full of deliciousness and what came out was pure magic. I knew this would be one of my go-to chicken dishes. You can go wrong with a silky sauce, served over some delicious chicken and a bed of pasta! Is your mouth watering yet?
Love saucy, flavorful easy chicken skillets like this? Try my creamy tomato chicken skillet too!
Creamy Tomato and White Wine Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts filleted
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine I used Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided – add more if needed
- 3 to matoes diced
- 2 cups spinach leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes optional
- 2-3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 package of pasta I used linguine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh basil
- In a large pot, boil enough water for pasta and cook according to package directions, reserving the cooking liquid when complete.
- While water boils, add the filleted chicken breasts to a mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and all spices except salt and pepper to chicken until each fillet is fully coated.
- Heat a wide saucepan to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken and cook each side 2-4 minutes or until golden crust forms on each side. Set cooked chicken aside on a plate
- In the same saucepan add diced onions and cook until translucent. Add in garlic, cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant and then add diced tomatoes with juices, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add in white wine and cook another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add heavy cream and stir. Taste to see if more salt is needed, then thin out, one ladle full at a time, with cooked pasta water.
- Add in spinach, let wilt – about 1 minute. Add cooked chicken back to pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Plate your dish with pasta, chicken and sauce, garnish with shredded Parmesan, basil leaf and serve!