This amazing blackberry basil margarita is so simple to make and uses fresh produce and herbs which makes it perfect for the end of summer! This is just the kind of drink I enjoy, fresh, simple and not at all too sweet. Herbs are one of my favorite ways to add color and flavor to drinks. One of my favorite cocktails is from a bar in San Diego which makes a drinks using a Thai basil infused liquor. It’s out of this world!
I’m thinking of starting a cocktail series for fall and winter! Feel Good Fridays is what I’ll call it. I’ll share cocktails that are perfect and set the mood for the seasons. If you’re interested in that, I’d love to hear your thoughts below in the comments!
For the last few months, I’ve been wanting to share more cocktails and get better at the art of cocktail making. I made this a handful of times throughout summer and thought it would be a great recipe to send off summer and work our way into the cozy seasons! What is the weather like where you’re at? In San Diego, it’s finally beginning to cool off so I feel like it’s now the right time to make fall-ish recipes.
To make this blackberry basil margarita, you just need to muddle together some fresh, juicy blackberries, freshly torn basil and simple syrup. Then add in some ice cubes, lime juice and tequila. Shake shake shake it well and strain into glasses filled with ice.
It’s such a simple cocktail that tastes amazing and just LOOK at that beautiful color! So vibrant and inviting. This is especially true in the summer when luscious blackberries are looking and tasting their best. I just know you’re going to love this one and I can’t wait to share more fun, seasonal cocktails like this one!
If you’re into fun, summer drinks like this blackberry basil margarita, try these!
When you make this blackberry basil margarita, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Blackberry Basil Margarita
- ½ cup blackberries
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves torn
- 3-4 Tablespoons simple syrup
- 4 oz tequila ½ cup
- Juice from ½ lime plus slices for garnish and a squeeze on the edge of each cup
- Kosher salt for rim
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass, muddle together the blackberries, torn basil leaves and simple syrup until everything is smashed and the liquid is released.
- Add in your ice, tequila and lime juice and shake well to combine everything. At this point, you can either strain out the blackberry seeds and basil leaves or leave them in which I like to do.
- Rim 2 glasses with a slice of lime and dip them in the kosher salt. Fill each cup with ice and then with the margarita and serve! Enjoy!