Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Mexican Breakfast Skillet
It has a ton of great protein and delicious crunchy vegetables. It's amazing!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk can substitute almond milk or water
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can pinto or black beans rinsed and drained
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese diced (can substitute for another 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese)
- 1 jalapeño seeded, veins removed, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Pico de gallo
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl
- Add milk and whisk again
- Add salt, pepper and cumin. Set aside
- In a medium size skillet set to medium, heat olive oil
- Add red bell pepper and jalapeño. Sautee until slightly cooked down
- Add the beans and 1/2 of green onions into mixture and let cook until any moisture is evaporated
- Add in egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula, slightly lift the egg mixture from the bottom of the pan to prevent any sticking
- Once eggs are almost fully cooked, add in cheeses and let finish cooking.
- Remove from heat and serve!
Breakfast burrito style:
- – Take final prepared and cooked mixture, and add it 3 tablespoons at a time to a room temperature burrito. Fold burrito in on both sides, then fold in, tucking the long side underneath. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in freezer until needed! Once you’re ready to eat it, remove foil, and heat in microwave for 1.5 – 2 minutes, depending on your microwave. Serve with salsa on the side!
Breakfast frittatas style:
- -Preheat oven to 350. Add cooked veggie and beans into raw egg mixture. Spray a muffin with nonstick cooking spray, and add the egg mixture with veggies into each tin, filling about halfway per tin. Bake for 12-15 mins or until edges are golden brown and enjoy!