Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
A hearty, warm and delicious recipe that is perfect for the cold weather.
- – 1-1.5 lbs ground turkey
- -3 carrots peeled and diced
- -3 celery stalks peeled and diced
- -1 medium onion
- -2 tablespoons turmeric
- – 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- – 1 tablespoon chili powder
- – 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- – 1/2 teaspoon each nutmeg sage & cinnamon
- – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- – 1- 15oz can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- – 1 15oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- – 1-15oz can pumpkin purée make sure it is plain pumpkin purée and not pumpkin pie spiced
- – 1/3-1/2 small can of tomato paste
- – 1 can rotel mild tomatoes and chilis with no salt added – can also use can of regular diced tomatoes for non spicy
- – 1-28oz can diced San Marzano tomatoes leaving the can to rinse with water later
- -3-4 cups low sodium chicken beef, or vegetable broth
- -2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- -Salt and Pepper to taste
- – Add olive oil to medium soup pot on stove at medium heat
- – Add carrots, celery and onions and allow to soften a bit until onions are translucent
- – Add ground turkey, cook until no longer pink, cutting in small pieces along the way
- – Add all spices and salt and pepper to taste
- – Add red kidney and cannellini beans
- – Add tomato paste and pumpkin puree, combine well
- – Add diced tomatoes and chilis and San Marzano tomatoes
- – Add water to remainder of can of San Marzano tomatoes and add the rest of the juices from the can to the chili.
- – Add broth of choice, 3 to 4 cups depending on consistency of choice, reduce heat slightly and let come to soft boil, about 30 minutes.
- – Place in a bowl and eat as is, or add cheese, sour cream and chives pr cilantro and enjoy!