Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Greek food hits the spot every time for me, and this Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce is ALWAYS a winner with whoever makes it! There’s nothing like the zesty, herby chicken mixed with the cooling, flavorful tzatziki sauce. I love slicing this chicken and laying it over a fresh Greek salad, I also love taking chunks out of the chicken (even while I’m still in the kitchen finishing preparing the meal), wrapping it in some soft pita bread and dunking it into the tzatziki. This combination is such a hit and sure to be family favorite especially when prepared with the serving suggestions below!
What to serve with this Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce
If you love this Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce, you’ll love these dishes as well!
When you make this Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Greek Chicken with tzatziki sauce
For the chicken:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts fileted or thighs, fat trimmed
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp onion powder or 1 inch piece of yellow onion, grated
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
For the tzatziki:
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 Persian cucumber grated
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- salt to taste
- With pita bread tomatoes, red onions
- Over a Greek salad with some good quality feta cheese
- With rice and a simple salad
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl – the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, onion/onion powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix them all until well combined. Taste to make sure its to your liking before adding the chicken to the bowl. Make sure each piece of chicken is coated well in the marinate. Cover and let sit in the fridge 3 hours or overnight.
- Add the chicken to a skillet with olive oil over medium high heat. Let the chicken cook on each side until a crust develops about 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- As the chicken cooks, prepare the tzatziki by mixing all the ingredients together. This can also be done in advance; the flavors develop more as it sits in the fridge.
- Choose one of the serving suggestions listed above and enjoy!