Last Updated on November 14, 2022 by Jacqueline Rafidi
A great batch cocktail is perfect for the holidays and this Thanksgiving apple sangria is the perfect addition for your table!
White wine is elevated with fruit, brandy and seasonal spices to create this festive drink for a crowd! I knew I needed to make a sangria for my cocktail series that I’ve been working on this year. The last couple of years have been iffy with get-togethers. Now that people are really soaking up their time with others and hosting more gatherings, I thought this would be the perfect time to share a batch cocktail like this!
What you need to make this Thanksgiving Apple Sangria
Apple butter – This is optional although I like the flavor it adds. I mix it in with the apple cider and maple syrup so the apple butter can combine better with the liquids.
Honeycrisp apples, a pear and cranberries are used for looks and flavor here as well as cinnamon and cloves for some holiday spices.
Then I add a squeeze of lemon juice, and some brandy with the bottle of white wine. Mix it all well and let it sit for a few hours before serving! It’s as simple as that!
I hope you give this special drink a try this holiday and that it’s a great addition to your Thanksgiving table!
Try these other festive cocktails!
When you make this Thanksgiving Apple Sangria, comment down below and rate this recipe to let me know your thoughts! Also share a picture or tag me on Instagram @thebitewithjackie, I love seeing your remakes!
Thanksgiving Apple Sangria
- ⅓ cup apple butter optional but recommended
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 honeycrisp apples thinly sliced
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- ½ cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- ⅓-½ cup brandy
- 1 bottle dry white wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Ginger beer or seltzer water for topping optional for extra fizz but not required
- If using apple butter, mix together the apple cider, apple butter and maple syrup until combined. (If not using apple butter, add the maple syrup and apple cider in with the wine and brandy)
- Add the apples, pears, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and cloves to a large pitcher. Add in the apple cider mixture to the pitcher along with the wine, brandy and lemon juice.
- Mix well and let chill for 6-8 hours or overnight. The longer it sits, the better it gets! Top the glasses or the pitcher with the ginger beer or seltzer water if desired and serve by pouring a glass with the drink and fruit. Enjoy!