Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Jacqueline Rafidi
Nothing screams Middle Eastern food like some grilled Kebabs on the table! Chicken Kebabs happen to be one of my favorite meals in the world! There are so many delicious variations of this dish, but I am going to show you a technique that my family and I love to use. A tangy yogurt marinade gives these chicken kebabs the tender and succulent flare that is envisioned with thinking of the dish! The aromatic spices not only add a punch of flavor to each bite, but they make the whole kebab beautiful and golden once they’re grilled. Make these, and you will soon see why I love chicken kebabs so much!
Do you enjoy traditional Middle Eastern meals like this? Try my restaurant style chicken shawarma! The best homemade shawarma ever!
Restaurant Style Chicken Kebabs/Kabobs
- Metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden, be sure to soak them for at least 30 minutes before grilling)
- 5 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Side salad
- Grilled vegetables
- Yogurt sauce
- Combine all spices except salt and pepper with yogurt and mix well
- Add lemon juice and mix
- Add yogurt mixture to chicken and stir until fully incorporated
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine
- Thread each piece of chicken on to skewer so that the pieces are touching and you’re left with about an inch of the skewer left on both ends
- Place on a hot grill set at medium and grill for about 8 minutes on each side or until fully cooked throughout and grill marks appear, flipping the kebabs halfway through the process
- Once cooked, place on serving dish and enjoy!